hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avatar namenode?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 04:57:27 GMT
There are a few problems for Avatar node which would prevent me from
ever using it:

- assumption of highly available NFS, this would typically mean
specialized hardware
- failover time is potentially lengthy (article says 60 seconds), and
HBase regionservers might fail

It's an interesting hack, I hear it was only 800 loc, but I'm not sure
if you are not Dhruba you can run it.

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:49 PM, Jack Levin <magnito@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think there is anyone except Facebook actually uses it.  Their
> case is special, as they have millions and millions of files in HDFS.
>
> -Jack
>
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM, shanmuganathan.r
> <shanmuganathan.r@zohocorp.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>      I am running the HBase distributed mode in seven node cluster with backup
master. The HBase is running properly in the backup master environment. I want to run this
HBase on top of the High Availability Hadoop. I saw about Avatar node in the following link
http://hadoopblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hadoop-namenode-high-availability.html .