hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jyothish Maniyath <jyothis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User content Table per user
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 17:01:03 GMT
Just like any typical social network site users can create profiles
and post contents (short messages or pics) to their designated page.
Others can visit it and read/view posts. The posts will be
year / month aggregation like in blogs. My doubt is for such a system
should I create a common table for contents of all users or create
separate table for each individual user to store their posts. There is
no limit for number of users and posts. And also it should support
full text search as well. I would like to know pros and cons of single
table v/s multiple tables.

Thanks,
Jyothish

--