hbase-user mailing list archives

From Leif Wickland <leifwickl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I write a KeyValue with Type.Delete to HFileOutputFormat?
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:51:18 GMT
Turns out, DeleteColumn type KeyValues can be output to HFileOutputFormat.
 To make it work correctly, I needed to use HConstants.LATEST_TIMESTAMP when
constructing the KeyValue.

It appears to me that KeyValue.Type.Delete corresponds to
Delete.deleteColumn() and KeyValue.Type.DeleteColumn corresponds to
Delete.deleteColumns, which is somewhat non-obvious and appears to be
undocumented.