hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jack Levin <magn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avatar namenode?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 04:49:25 GMT
I don't think there is anyone except Facebook actually uses it.  Their
case is special, as they have millions and millions of files in HDFS.

-Jack

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:19 AM, shanmuganathan.r
<shanmuganathan.r@zohocorp.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>      I am running the HBase distributed mode in seven node cluster with backup master.
The HBase is running properly in the backup master environment. I want to run this HBase on
top of the High Availability Hadoop. I saw about Avatar node in the following link http://hadoopblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hadoop-namenode-high-availability.html
.