hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bulk Load question
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:19:31 GMT
That's pretty much it.

J-D

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Albert Shau <ashau@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to do bulk loads by following http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html to create
HFiles, and then using LoadIncrementalHFiles to load the data into a table.  Suppose the
data I'm loading is being written to a new column that hasn't been used, and the rows are
a superset of the rows already in the table.  Is it correct to assume that the existing data
will not be affected by the load and that reads and writes can be happening during the load?
 In other words, is the bulk load conceptually the same as doing a bunch of puts all at once
through the api, or do I need to think of it differently?