hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About Back_up Master?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 20:41:59 GMT
Inline.

J-D

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM, shanmuganathan.r
<shanmuganathan.r@zohocorp.com> wrote:
>      I am running the HBase in fully distributed mode. I want to improve my the HBase
configuration. So I move to the Backup_Master. I include the conf/backup-masters file and
i given the IP where i want to run the Backup-master. I start the hbase conventionally. The
Master is running on the host where the HBase started and the host specified in the backup-masters
file.

Good.

>      How much time it will take to allocate the regionservers to the new master when
the active master is terminated?

Depends on your zookeeper timeout, the default we now ship with is 3
minutes (see zookeeper.session.timeout in hbase-default.xml).

>      Where I see the Backup-master runs properly ?

When it's acting as a backup, unfortunately only in its log. When it
takes the role of master, point your browser to it.

>      Is there any configuration changes in the Zookeeper for this back_up master?

Nope, it's all taken care of.