hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ZKConfig.makeZKProps throwing NullPointerException
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:06:53 GMT
The getClassLoader javadoc says:

This method will return null in such implementations if this class was
loaded by the bootstrap class loader.

So if I understand correctly, we need to add additional checks in that
method to guard HBase against people like you? :)

J-D

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Nichole Treadway <kntreadway@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to mention:
>
> I'm using hadoop-0.20-append, hbase-0.92 on two red hat 5.5 machines.
>
> The function I pasted is in org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKConfig.
>

> On Aug 14, 2011, at 7:27 PM, Nichole Treadway wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am getting the below error when trying to create a new HTable object (see end of
email)...

>> I believe the error is occuring in the below function because the getClassLoader()
function is returning null. Because the way my application is set up, I have to add all hbase,
hadoop, and zookeeper-related jars to the bootstrap classpath using the java "-Xbootclasspath/p"
flag. I think this is causing some kind of issue with the classloader. Any one have any ideas
what I can do to resolve this?