hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anurag Awasthi <anuragawasth...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to connect the regionservers to the master.
Date Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:50:04 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to make a multinode cluster and am stuck at a problem. The HBase
cluster seems to working fine, except for one thing. I am making two
regionservers for this clusters. However one of them is not able to connect
to the master. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. Is there a specific
place where I am required to specify the ports for different regioservers,
because one thing I noticed was that both the regionservers are trying to
connect to the master at the same port and the error that I noticed on the
log files of the failed regionserver was below -

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed construction
of Regionserver: class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.constructRegionServer(HRegionServer.java:2978)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine.start(HRegionServerCommandLine.java:60)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServerCommandLine.run(HRegionServerCommandLine.java:75)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:76)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.main(HRegionServer.java:3001)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.constructRegionServer(HRegionServer.java:2976)
    ... 5 more
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Problem binding to ubuntu/
192.168.71.206:60020 : Cannot assign requested address
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer.bind(HBaseServer.java:220)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Listener.<init>(HBaseServer.java:287)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer.<init>(HBaseServer.java:1195)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine$Server.<init>(WritableRpcEngine.java:269)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine.getServer(WritableRpcEngine.java:236)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.WritableRpcEngine.getServer(WritableRpcEngine.java:46)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getServer(HBaseRPC.java:388)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC.getServer(HBaseRPC.java:377)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.<init>(HRegionServer.java:352)
    ... 10 more
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
    at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
    at
sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:126)
    at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer.bind(HBaseServer.java:218)
    ... 18 more

Thanks in advance,
Anurag