hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hbck errors
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 05:46:49 GMT
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Rohit Nigam <rnigam@decarta.com> wrote:
> Tried scanning  the '.META' table

> scan
> '.META.',{STARTROW=>'NAM_CLUSTERKEYS3,00000000|00000000000000000USA|0000
> 240b|000000000000000LAKE',LIMIT=>1}
>

> Getting this error:--

I think you need to add two commas to the end of the key when scanning
.META. to avoid the IllegalArgumentException below.

> How can I fix the problem in the table . Any help would be appreciated.

See if you can scan the region as you are doing above.  What error do
you get back or are you able to scan?

Next see if an entry for it in .META. (Look at content of meta by
doing '> echo "scan '.META.'" | ./bin/hbase shell &> /tmp/meta.txt'
then review /tmp/meta.txt.

Get this regions encoded name from the above /tmp/meta.txt.  See if
its in the filesystem.  Grep its encoded name in the master.  See if
you can tell story on what happened with this region.

St.Ack