hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: version mismatch exception
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 18:23:22 GMT
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Rohit Nigam <rnigam@decarta.com> wrote:
> So I got the info:regioninfo value from the .META. table for the key and I did a put
in the .META. table with the  change in the endkey. Yes I did change the info:regioninfo
cell with just changing the  endkey. I didn't see the change as the master didn't come up
and kept throwing the version mismatch exception.
> Somehow the version got changed , no idea how? , I had to run the add_table.rb for that
table to restore the whole thing for the master to be up. So my case is to just  update the
endkey of a row in the .META. table for a table region because the chain is broken ,how do
I do that so that this exception doesn't happen.

My guess is that you did not put a serialized HRegionInfo up into
.META.?  Is that possible?
St.Ack