hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException:
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 23:00:56 GMT
So, could the below ERROR be indeed your case?  What if you try and
connect to zk with the zk shell: ./bin/hbase zkcli?  You get similar
experience.  Is hbase managing zk or not?  If you bounce zk and retry
the below, you get same error?

St.Ack

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:52 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I am newbee in Hbase. I was trying to setup Hbase with Quick start tutorial. But facing
issues in creating the table :

> Below is the error on Hbase shell :
>
> hbase(main):001:0> create 'test','cf'
>
> ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ZooKeeperConnectionException: HBase is able to connect
to ZooKeeper but the connection closes immediately. This could be a sign that the server has
too many connections (30 is the default). Consider inspecting your ZK server logs for that
error and then make sure you are reusing HBaseConfiguration as often as you can. See HTable's
javadoc for more information.