hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Help with HBase table design needed
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 22:52:40 GMT
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Jeremy Smith <xperts@gmail.com> wrote:
> So my basic question is what to do with the boolean fields, on a given row there is likely
to only be 20-50 fields set to true out of 100s. But I don't understand the query language
yet, so don't know whether I can just have a column for "booleans" with an array of all true
booleans, and query against that.

You could do this, all the booleans into a single cell.  How are the
updates done?  You set a bunch of booleans in one go or just one at a
time?  If so, could be expensive pulling across the cell to client
each time to set a single attribute.

> If I do have to create a column for each boolean field, does it make sense that this
would be its own column family?

Probably.

St.Ack