hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sam Seigal <selek...@yahoo.com>
Subject operational overhead for HBase
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 01:27:41 GMT
Hi All,

I had a question about the operational overhead of maintaining HBase in
production. Would someone care to share their experiences ? We have a team
of 3 DBAs dedicated to maintaining our Oracle cluster. I am curious to know
if we would need the same for HBase.

I am talking of a small cluster of 7-8 machines handling around 150 million
transactions per hour for the initial rollout.

What are some of the common operational/maintenance tasks associated
with maintaining a cluster of that size ? How much developer time goes into
this once the cluster is up and running ?

It would be extremely beneficial to hear some thoughts/experiences.

Thank you,

Sam