hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sam Seigal <selek...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: quick query about importtsv
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 00:45:07 GMT
I just noticed that all keyvalues written from a single map instance for
importtsv have the same version timestamp. This I think will not produce
multiple versions of the same row keys are located in the same mapper chunk.
Why not use a new version timestamp for every put ? Is there a specific
reason to use the same version timestamp for all lines passed into the
mapper ?