hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Srikanth P. Shreenivas" <Srikanth_Shreeni...@mindtree.com>
Subject RE: Query regarding HTable.get and timeouts
Date Sat, 20 Aug 2011 12:56:42 GMT
Further in this investigation, we enabled the debug logs on client side.

We are observing that client is trying to root region, and is continuously failing to do so.
 The logs are filled with entries like this:

2011-08-20 17:20:09,092 [gridgain-#6%authGrid%] DEBUG [hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation]
 - Lookedup root region location, connection=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@2cc25ae3;
hsa=DC1AuthDFSC1D3.cidr.gov.in:6020
2011-08-20 17:20:09,092 [gridgain-#6%authGrid%] DEBUG [hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation]
 - locateRegionInMeta parentTable=-ROOT-, metaLocation=address: DC1AuthDFSC1D3.cidr.gov.in:6020,
regioninfo: -ROOT-,,0.70236052, attempt=0 of 10 failed; retrying after sleep of 1000
because: null

Client keeps retrying and retries get exhausted.

Complete logs are available here: https://gist.github.com/1159064  including logs of master,
zookeeper and region servers.

If you can please look at the logs and provide some inputs on this issue, then it will be
really helpful.
We are really not sure why client is failing to get root regions from the server.  Any guidance
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Srikanth