hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Srikanth P. Shreenivas" <Srikanth_Shreeni...@mindtree.com>
Subject Query regarding HTable.get and timeouts
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 14:37:36 GMT
Hi,

We are experiencing an issue in our HBase Cluster wherein some of the gets are timing outs
at:

java.io.IOException: Giving up trying to get region server: thread is interrupted.
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:1016)
                at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.get(HTable.java:546)

When we look at the logs of master, zookeeper and region servers, there is nothing that indicates
anything abnormal.

I tried looking up below functions, but at this point could not make much out of it.
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HConnectionManager.java
 - getRegionServerWithRetries  starts at Line 1233
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.java
 Htable.get starts at Line 611.

If you can please suggest what are the scenarios in which all retries can get exhausted resulting
in thread interruption.

We have seen this issue in two of our HBase Clusters, where load is quite less.  We have 20
reads per minute,  we run 1 zookeeper, and 4 regionservers in fully-distributed mode (Hadoop).
 We are using CDH3.

Thanks,
Srikanth