hbase-user mailing list archives

From Albert Shau <as...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Bulk Load question
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 18:25:39 GMT
Hi,

I want to do bulk loads by following http://hbase.apache.org/bulk-loads.html to create HFiles,
and then using LoadIncrementalHFiles to load the data into a table.  Suppose the data I'm
of the rows already in the table.  Is it correct to assume that the existing data will not
be affected by the load and that reads and writes can be happening during the load?  In other
words, is the bulk load conceptually the same as doing a bunch of puts all at once through
the api, or do I need to think of it differently?

Thanks,
Albert