hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Rohit Nigam" <rni...@decarta.com>
Subject RE: version mismatch exception
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 03:46:19 GMT
So I got the info:regioninfo value from the .META. table for the key and I did a put in the
.META. table with the  change in the endkey. Yes I did change the info:regioninfo cell with
just changing the  endkey. I didn't see the change as the master didn't come up and kept throwing
the version mismatch exception. Somehow the version got changed , no idea how? , I had to
run the add_table.rb for that table to restore the whole thing for the master to be up. So
my case is to just  update the endkey of a row in the .META. table for a table region because
the chain is broken ,how do I do that so that this exception doesn't happen.
Rohit

-----Original Message-----
From: saint.ack@gmail.com [mailto:saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 8:29 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Cc: Search
Subject: Re: version mismatch exception

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Rohit Nigam <rnigam@decarta.com> wrote:
> I changed the endkey of one of the records in the '.META.' table because
> of the chaining issue we experienced ,  using the program which gets
> that row and does a put so that the  endkey could be changed , now when
> I try to view the record in .META. table using shell I get a

Tell me how you did this?  You removed the original row and replaced
it with another that has different end key?  Did you update the
info:regioninfo cell so it has a new hregioninfo with same start and
end row?   You know this makes a new region, rather than extend the
range of the previous region? (So the old region will be in the
filesystem still with the old data).  You should also make sure the
original region is closed before you delete the row from .META.

> ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.io.VersionMismatchException: null

Where did you get this from?

> 2011-08-15 14:32:34,639 FATAL [master-doop10.dt.sv4.decarta.com:60000]
> master.HMaster(948): Unhandled exception. Starting shutdown.
>
> A record version mismatch occured. Expecting v0, found v116

What you doing when this happens?  It looks like we are deserializing
the wrong content?  Is that possible.

St.Ack