hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rohan Rai <rohan....@inmobi.com>
Subject [HBASE] [Freeing Up Region and/or merging region]
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 17:27:33 GMT
On suggestion by JDC

Creating a separate thread

On a smaller cluster pre allocating a certain memory to region leads to
continuous increase in heap space usage
with increasing usage.

Hence clean up of data is performed by me.

But region having no data does not get de allocated automatically and it
still occupies the preallocated memory.

I was a looking for a clean mechanism to achieve that.

Either merging two continuous empty region or deleting a region cleanly.

Unfortunately my efforts to mess directly with metadata and cleaning up
of region dirs on cluster
has resulted in my tables getting corrupt.

Basically any way to cleanly get back those precious memory.

Regards
Rohan

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential
or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.