hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rohan Rai <rohan....@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: delete does not free hdd space
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:44:43 GMT
n how to merge regions, or un register regions

Regards
Rohan

On Friday 26 August 2011 09:42 PM, Buttler, David wrote:
> Major_compact is an asynchronous command.  It may take some time for space to be freed.
 If you are watching your data node logs you should be able to see blocks being deleted.
If you are on the local file system, you should be table to periodically do a 'du -sh' command
on the hbase table directory and see the used space diminish.

> Dave

By default the major compaction happens on every table every 24 hours.

>>> -chris

30Gb). When I perform this operation I checked thru hbase shell that rows are deleted, but
used space of the disk is not changed
rows) but space is not changed too.

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential
or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.