hbase-user mailing list archives

From Rohan Rai <rohan....@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: delete does not free hdd space
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 07:22:50 GMT
In addendum

region which are empty (caused due to deletion activity)

How to purge them

Regards
Rohan

On Thursday 25 August 2011 12:47 PM, sasha.maksimenko wrote:
> hi!
> I need to free hdd space, so I want to delete some unimportant rows
> I'm using Thrift call
> deleteAllRow(TABLE, ROWID);
> to perform deletion of about 10 000 row (when I loaded them it was
> about 30Gb). When I perform this operation I checked thru hbase shell
> that rows are deleted, but used space of the disk is not changed
> I performed compact and major_compact operations (they returned 0
> processed rows) but space is not changed too.
>
> So quesition what should I also do to indicate hbase physically remove
> this rows

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential
or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.