hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting question
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 02:22:48 GMT
I was thinking with 0x00 I can use 0x01 for a stop

On 8/22/11 7:20 PM, Chris Tarnas wrote:
> That has worked well for me when I don't care about using printable characters.
>
> -chris
>
> On Aug 22, 2011, at 6:06 PM, Mark<static.void.dev@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> How about an empty byte (0x00)?
>>
>> On 8/22/11 6:03 PM, Chris Tarnas wrote:
>>> Generally you want your delimiters to be less than any valid character. For normal
character data I've found tab (0x09) works well, it's pretty much the first option. Forward
slash (0x2f) is less reliable depending on what other non-alphanumeric characters are allowed.

>>> -chris

what is the preferred way to use start and stop keys when scanning? For example: STARTROW
=>   "foo", ENDROW =>   "foo#{what should go here?}".

are you using? Using perl I have not seen inconstancies in ordering.

but not seen in your output? Can you send out the rowkeys from scans in the HBase shell? That
would help narrow it down.

API or even by

Aren't their

Thanks