hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jianwu Wang <jia...@sdsc.edu>
Subject how to get precious data size in hbase?
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 00:36:01 GMT
Hi there,

     We have some data saved in hbase on HDFS. We know using the
following command can get the file size of each hbase table: hadoop fs
-dus /hbase/tableName.

     For mysql, we can get exact data size for each table using sql
queries displayed on
http://www.mkyong.com/mysql/how-to-calculate-the-mysql-database-size/.
We can also get file disk size using command like: du -s
/path/to/datafile. Yet the data size gotten using sql query is quite
smaller than the file disk size gotten using du -s. We think the above
hadoop command also get file disk size, not the data size in database.
So we are wondering whether there is a way like msql query running on
hbase shell to get the data size in Hbase.  Thanks a lot!

--

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang