hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting question
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:59:48 GMT
After further investigation it turns out it is my use case.

My keys are actually in the form of:
"idx_query/foo bar/9223372035540718511"
"idx_query/foo/9223372035540718648"

Now that I look at it, it make perfect sense why "foo bar" comes before
"foo/"

Sorry for the confusion.

On 8/22/11 9:16 AM, Chris Tarnas wrote:
> Good point on the sorting issues with thrift - what client language are you using? Using
perl I have not seen inconstancies in ordering.

> Do your strings have any particular terminator that is being included but not seen in
your output? Can you send out the rowkeys from scans in the HBase shell? That would help narrow
it down.