hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: mini-hbase configuration for tests
Date Sun, 21 Aug 2011 07:06:47 GMT
On 16/08/11 05:33, Stack wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Garrett Wu<wugarrett@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I have a bunch of integration tests that spend a lot of time creating and
>> deleting tables in a mini hbase cluster started using HBaseTestingUtility.
>>   Disabling and deleting a table seems to take a second or two each time
>> -- I'm guessing it's some sort of heartbeat interval it's waiting for.  Is
>> there a configuration variable I can set to make this go faster?

We have the same concern here. It's even worse, cause we start/stop a
minihbasecluster on each test class. We are now going to a solution
where we let cluster run and delete table on each test.

> In 0.20, yeah, there was heartbeating.  In 0.90.x it should be better.
>   You can tweak the timings in src/test/hbase-default.xml params to see
> if you can get it to run faster.

We are using 0.90.x. Which exact timing param can we set? (I'm not sure
which one looking http://hbase.apache.org/book/config.files.html#hbase.site)

We set configuration via htu.getConfiguration().set... and not via
hbase-default.xml. Is it OK to do like that?

> What if you made a new table per
> test?  Would things run faster then (w/o deleting the old).
>
> St.Ack

Thx.

--
Eric