hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Generic Schema Question
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 18:00:39 GMT
Hi all, I'm trying to wrap my head around HBase schema design and I am
having trouble modeling the following use case:

We store all our use behavior (clicks, searches, page views) in Hadoop
and we would like to add this into HBase so we can interactively
"explore" what our users are doing. For example we would like, given an
IP address get back a list of all searches, page views, clicks etc that
this user has attempted.

My initial thought for something like this would be to create a table
"Logs" with a CF "Data" that have qualifiers of "Search", "Click" and
"View". Each column would have a row with the IP as its key.

Is this along the right lines or am I missing something... sure feels
like I am. Would anyone please explain how I would accomplish what I am
looking for.

Thanks