hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chris Tarnas <...@email.com>
Subject Re: Mongo vs HBase
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 17:09:43 GMT
Hi Laurent,

Without more details on your schema and how you are finding that number in your table it is
impossible to fully answer the question. I suspect what you are seeing is mongo's native support
for secondary indexes. If you were to add secondary indexes in HBase then retrieving that
row should be on the order of 3-30ms. If that is you main query method then you could reorganize
your table to make that long number your row key, then you would get even faster reads.

-chris