hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramakrish...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: HBase Users Group: Aug 22 @ FB
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 04:53:39 GMT
Hi

Will those presentations be uploaded somewhere so that we can have a look at
it ?

Regards
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Friso van Vollenhoven [mailto:fvanvollenhoven@xebia.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2011 10:15 AM
To: <user@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: Re: HBase Users Group: Aug 22 @ FB

Hi Nicolas,
Will there possibly be video recordings of the presentations that get
published online afterwards?

Friso

On 9 aug. 2011, at 02:53, Nicolas Spiegelberg wrote:

> Facebook will be hosting a HBase users group in two weeks from today,
August 22 @ 6PM.  This is a perfect opportunity for people evaluating HBase
to meet other users, new HBase users to learn more from others, and existing
users to stay up to date on the latest open source developments.

> We have a few presentations lined up already:
>
> 1. Liyin (Facebook) informs us about the benefits of the just-committed
new hfile v2 format
> 2. Li Pi explains on his findings caching outside the heap
> 3. Todd Lipcon (Cloudera) expounds on speedups coming we can see in the
near future

> Please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/hbaseusergroup/events/28518471/ so we
can determine how much space we need.