hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where are .META. and ROOT tables data
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 05:00:23 GMT
Hi Vamshi,

at this point HBase needs a version of Hadoop that did not have a stable release, yet.

Check out:http://hbase.apache.org/book/notsoquick.html For more details.
We are using the CDH3 distribution and it works very well so far.
We also have successfully used custom builds of HBase trunk against the standard CDH3 Hadoop
version, by just replacing the hadoop-xxx.jar in hbase-xxx/lib.

When you configured HBase you defined a root directory in hbase-site.xml (if not, see above
link), that's where you will find META and ROOT tables.

(The root directory would be a local directory in local mode, or a directory in HDFS).

-- Lars

________________________________
From: vamshi krishna <vamshi2105@gmail.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:05 PM
Subject: Where are .META. and ROOT tables data

Hi all, i want to know the actual location of .META. and ROOT data after we
install HBase in our machine. i mean, can i directly see that data  in a
particular file or something like that unlike querying and getting  some
specific data from them??
And the most important doubt is, which version of hadoop i should use to run
HBase at current time.. means asper latest versions which versions are
compatible?
*
Thank you..

Vamshi Krishna