hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andre Reiter <a.rei...@web.de>
Subject Re: data structure
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:42:24 GMT
Stack wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Andre Reiter<a.reiter@web.de>  wrote:
>
> Why is 70 seconds too long for a report?  70 seconds seems like a
> short mapreduce job (to me).
>
> You don't have that many regions.
>
> How fast would you like this operation to complete in?
>
> The report you describe above is predicated on looking at all data,
> right?  If so, I'm not sure how you'd avoid the job taking longer the
> more data you have (unless you up the parallelism and/or cluster size)

ok, 70 seconds is not really long, but, like i said, the data is growing, and with it the
process time
we would like to have it running in, lets say 30 seconds, that would be nice :-)

> What do you want to filter out?  When you scan, you are working to
> narrow its scope by setting time-range, famliy, etc.

the filter by setting time-range, is exactly the thing, we would like set, so there would
remain only a couple of interesting regions.
the time stamp is stored in the cell, but the filter can be defined on the key only, right?