hbase-user mailing list archives

From hmch...@tsmc.com
Subject Re: HTablePool for Reading Performance
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 00:32:32 GMT

Hi,
I've loaded 30 oracle tables into HBase successfully. All these columns are
in a single columnFamily.
My java program is trying to random read a few data from the first table to
the last.
Like Bill of Material, my user will pass one or a few products to my
application which will
return each product's materials to user. For that, I try to create thread
in a machine for fetching data from Hbase quickly.
Each thread shares one configure.
Following is my thread reading result:

   Thread Count      duration(second)
       1                                     69
       2                                     97,98
       3                                     106,117,119
      10
193,193,198,203,203,207,209,212,216,217

That would be better if the duration can keep at around 70~80 while 10
threads are running.
Any suggestions? Thank you very much

>Our cluster with 20 machines(1U server, 4 cores, 12G RAM)
>Hadoop             20 machines
>Zookeeper          3
>RegionServer   10
>Hadoop version hadoop-0.20.2-cdh3u0
>HBase version   hbase-0.90.1-cdh3u0

Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
Ext: 707-2260
Be Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet!

             jdcryans@gmail.com

             Sent by:                          user@hbase.apache.org

             jdcryans@gmail.com
                                             cc

                                        Subject
             2011/07/22 上午 05:28             Re: HTablePool for Reading Performance

                 Please respond to

               user@hbase.apache.org

Inline.

J-D

> I am trying to start multiple threads in a client to read data from
Hbase.
> These threads seem to share only one connection, which resulted in
> increasing latency.

Data on that?

> HTablePool can create multiple connections, right?

Multiple HTable, but they all share one connection to each RS and the
queries/answers are multiplexed.

> I am using two ways to scan HBASE data.
> One is scanning by Key value, the other is scanning by index
> (hbase-transactional-tableindexed IndexedTable)
> I don't know how to adopt HTablePool for my IndexedTable.

I think you just need to pass a class that implements
HTableInterfaceFactory to the constructor and that creates
IndexedTable instead of HTable.

J-D

                                                         TSMC PROPERTY
 for the sole use of its