hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Backup data for a single hbase instance
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 18:33:05 GMT
This is basically the same process that I was referring to earlier except
that if you have the ability to take snapshots, you can do this without
downtime or using extra disk space for the copy.

To HBase's credit, you can do this while clients are doing a massive amount
of updates.  In fact, this provides an interesting way to test crash
resistance of HBase.