hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: HBase backup and outage scenarios in practice?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:59:34 GMT
To clarify what Mike means here, MapR supports HBase as well as atomic,
transactionally correct snapshots.  These snapshots allow point in time
recovery of the complete state of an HBase data set.

There is no performance hit when taking the snapshot and no maintenance
impact relative to HBase administration.  Snapshots can be scheduled or
invoked manually.

We also provide transactionally correct mirrors that have similar
characteristics but which allow actual copies to be made, possibly between
clusters.

This isn't quite related to HBase itself since MapR simply provides a
substrate on which to run HBase (and distributes the Apache released bits
for convenience).