hbase-user mailing list archives

From Xian Woo <infinity0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Column Indexing - Top N Columns
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:18:43 GMT
as far as I am concerned, first you create a Get instance for a specified
row ,than use the Htable.get() method to return a result to your client from
the cluster , Then you get can get a key value each time by using
for(Keyvalue kv : result.raw()), But since result.raw() only return the
keyvalues in the ascending form,so u may need some extra operations.
Or maybe you can directly use result.getMap() to get a sorted map of all the
keyvalues and do some operation youself.
You can also use a ColumnPaginationFilter if you know exactly how many
columns in the row which you specify.

And speaking of the number of columns, why do you need so many columns?I
hear that HBase "hopes" the number of rows is larger than the number of
columns. So may I ask if the number of rows is much larger than 6 million?