hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multi master?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:27:11 GMT
You need to create a file in conf/ called backup-masters and in there
list hostnames like you do with conf/regionservers and they will be
started when you run bin/start-hbase.sh

I had to dig in the scripts in order to remember how it was done, it
could be a nice addition to the book (wink wink).

J-D

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:16 AM, shanmuganathan.r
<shanmuganathan.r@zohocorp.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>            I configured the HBase in the distributed mode with 3 node cluster and
that are working properly . I have some doubts about how to configure the multi master environment
in the hbase . I studied about multimaster in the following link http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/MultipleMasters
.

>              Please give me suggestion about where we specify the masters?
and give also some example configurations of the Hbase in multi master environment.......