hbase-user mailing list archives

From Weihua JIANG <weihua.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject how to restart a hbase cluster
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 06:29:21 GMT
Hi all,

I am using HBase 0.90+HBASE-3789 and I want to know how to restart the
cluster safely.

Basically, there are two kinds of restarts:
1. Keep the HBase cluster working while restarting the whole cluster.
2. Stop-the-world cluster restart which only ensure data safety.

>From my understanding, graceful_stop.sh and rolling restart is used
for kind #1. But, HBASE-3789 said it broke rolling restart. So, can
anyone tell me what it broke and how to fix it to make rolling restart
work?

And, I can't find document about the kind #2 stop-the-world restart.
Can any one point me the how-to document about it?

Thanks
Weihua