hbase-user mailing list archives

From Weihua JIANG <weihua.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to restart a hbase cluster
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 07:02:29 GMT
It seems stop-hbase.sh only stops master/backup masters and zookeepers.

So, according to my understanding, region servers shall shutdown
itself since it can't find either master or zookeeper.

But, I made a recent experimentation on our hbase cluster. After 2
days of mater/zookeeper shutdown, the region servers are still alive.
I am not sure whether it is the problem in hbase release or our own
problem since our version is a heavy patched one.

Then, can I perform hbase cluster in following way?
1. stop master
2. stop master backups
3. stop zookeepers
4. stop region servers

The only difference is step #4. If I manually stop down RS, will it
affect data integrity? If not, then I can safely performed the steps
to shutdown the cluster.

Thanks
Weihua