hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase backup and outage scenarios in practice?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 16:55:31 GMT
On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Michael Segel
<michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I really don't want to suggest that the FAQ start tracking all of the features in the
derivative works, but if its going to reference outside blogs... maybe it should? (Or also
link to their blogs?)

That sounds like a big job tracking the differences and our doc
doesn't seem to be the right place for the table of feature xs and
ticks.

We could add a link to this page up on hadoop wiki?
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Distributions%20and%20Commercial%20Support
(This page seems to be missing MapR).

Perhaps something similar on our wiki for hbase specific services and
support that is maintained by the interested parties rather?

St.Ack

> On a side note... IMHO I love the fact that we have a couple of companies doing commercial
releases. The competition is good in that improvements are starting to happen at a faster
pace.