hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Monitoring
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:09:04 GMT
On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Ted Dunning <tdunning@maprtech.com> wrote:
> Slightly off topic, but MapR runs Hbase very handily (several times faster,
> in fact) and provides comprehensive monitoring and alerting out of the box.

Hey Ted:

MapR is good stuff indeed but the above can be read as a raw plug for
a non-open-source/commercial product.

I'd like to petition that you go easy with messages that could
possibly be interpreted so.  Other, not-such-close-in-friends of
hbase, seeing 'commerical' messages up on our list might take it as
license to dump  their commercial messages for tech related, or not,
into hbase mailing lists.  A list riddled with commerical messages
would likely sour many who are subscribed here.

Thanks boss,
St.Ack