hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: region max filesize
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 03:04:27 GMT
Check out the copytables tool.  See if that will work for you. Here is
its usage:

stack@sv4borg227:~/hadoop-0.22$ ./bin/hadoop jar
~/hbase-0.91.0-SNAPSHOT/hbase-0.91.0-SNAPSHOT.jar copytable
Usage: CopyTable [--rs.class=CLASS] [--rs.impl=IMPL] [--starttime=X]
[--endtime=Y] [--new.name=NEW] [--peer.adr=ADR] <tablename>

 rs.class     hbase.regionserver.class of the peer cluster
              specify if different from current cluster
 rs.impl      hbase.regionserver.impl of the peer cluster
 starttime    beginning of the time range
              without endtime means from starttime to forever
 endtime      end of the time range
 new.name     new table's name
 peer.adr     Address of the peer cluster given in the format
              hbase.zookeeer.quorum:hbase.zookeeper.client.port:zookeeper.znode.parent
 families     comma-seperated list of families to copy

Args:
 tablename    Name of the table to copy

Examples:
 To copy 'TestTable' to a cluster that uses replication for a 1 hour window:
 $ bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce.CopyTable
--rs.class=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.ReplicationRegionInterface
--rs.impl=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.replication.ReplicationRegionServer
--starttime=1265875194289 --endtime=1265878794289
--peer.adr=server1,server2,server3:2181:/hbase TestTable
stack@sv4borg227:~/hadoop-0.22$

St.Ack