hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alt Control <altcontrolb...@gmail.com>
Subject Declaring custom secondary sort in map reduce using initTableMapReduceUtil
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:40:09 GMT
(I've sent this mail before, but it seems it didn't arrive to all. please
excuse if this is a repost)

Hello,

I am rather new to HBase and Hadoop so please excuse my newbie question.

I am trying to implement a custom secondary sort as shown here
https://github.com/jpatanooga/Caduceus/blob/master/src/tv/floe/caduceus/hadoop/movingaverage/MovingAverageJob.java
.

Problem is, the example uses JobConf class, while I use
initTableMapReduceUtil to configure the job.
I don't really understand the relationship between JobConf, Configuration
and initTableMapReduceUtil, so can anyone
please explain how I can implement the equivalent of the following JobConf
calls?

		conf.setOutputKeyComparatorClass(CompositeKeyComparator.class);

		conf.setOutputValueGroupingComparator(NaturalKeyGroupingComparator.class);

Thanks!