hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alt Control <altcontrolb...@gmail.com>
Subject How to apply multiple row filters in an efficient way?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:02:12 GMT
Hello,

My table holds stock information where the keys are in the format:
<date>-<stock symbol>.
In my mapreduce job I need to operate on a subset of that list, say 500-2000
stocks, out of a total of 7000~.
Sometimes I also need to consider only rows after a certain date.

Question is - how can I do that efficiently? I don't know if HBase allow me
to set multiple filters in a single Scane object,
but I can do that with regex (for example (GOOG|IBM|DELL|.......|n|)), but
is this the right way?

Thanks
Sol