hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: designing date range schema
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:40:50 GMT

Hi there-

There was an almost identical question on this subject yesterday and it
comes up regularly.  A lot of this depends on how many users you have,
data ingest rate, and how dynamic your reports/queries need to be.

One option is creating a table that acts as a secondary index, another is
creating a summary table of activity via a MR job.  These are common
options, but not the only ones.

Much depends on your specific requirements, though.  There isn't a
one-size-fits-all answer.

I'll update the book with something on this topic.

Doug