hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Steinmaurer Thomas" <Thomas.Steinmau...@scch.at>
Subject Something like Execution Plan as in the RDBMS world?
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:10:58 GMT
Hello,

we have a three part row-key taking into account that the first part is
important for distribution/partitioning when the system grows. Depending
on the access pattern, we might be in a situation to use e.g. RegEx
filters on rowkeys. I wonder if there is some kind of an execution plan
(as known in RDBMS) when running a HBase query to better understand how
HBase processes the query and what execution path it takes to generate
the result set.

Or is this a complete different thinking?

Thanks,

Thomas