hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Basic information about HBase?
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 14:29:10 GMT
Hello,

Inline:

On 18-Jul-2011, at 7:54 PM, shanmuganathan.r wrote:

> 1. What will happen if the HMaster is crashed and How can we recover the data during
that time?

You can run a backup hmaster, and that can take over when the primary falls. Otherwise, the
HMaster stores its data on the HDFS and the ZooKeeper data directories, and can recover if
you restart it. You shouldn't need to perform any form of local data recovery to bring HMaster
back up afaik.

> 2. Are we need to start the zookeeper servers separately ?

Its best if you manage it separately. For 3 nodes, a single ZK instance is sufficient, so
ensure you do backup that data directory of its from time to time.