hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark <static.void....@gmail.com>
Subject Design/Schema questions
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 14:39:35 GMT
Hi all. We are currently using Flume to aggregate all our logs from all
of our application servers. Although flume does work, it is extremely
fussy and goes down without warning. We have decided to look at some
alternative technologies to help us log and analyze our traffic
patterns. We basically want to store a record for each request our
application receives with multiple columns of metadata.. ie, uri, ip,
session, user, country, browser... etc. We would then like the ability
to aggregate statistics across any one of those above fields and replay
sessions give a user, ip or cookie etc. So my first question is, would
HBase fit our use case? If not can anyone offer some advice on what
would/should be used?

Assuming HBase does fit our use case does anyone have any suggestions on
what type of tables/columns would be needed?

Thanks