hbase-user mailing list archives

From aadish <kotwal.aad...@gmail.com>
Subject NoClassDefFoundError while running h-base
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:01:18 GMT

Hi,

It has been quite a while since I have followed instruction on [1] to
install and run hbase on windows os. However when I follow the steps ditto,
and run start-hbase.sh (from Cygwin) it shows me this error:
org/apache/hadoop/hba
se/util/HBaseConfTool
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseC
onfTool
Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.HBaseConfTool.
Prog
ram will exit.
org/apache/hadoop/hba
se/zookeeper/ZKServerTool
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.Z
KServerTool
Could not find the main class:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.zookeeper.ZKServerTool.
Program will exit.
starting master, logging to C:\hbase-0.90.3/logs/hbase--master-A6540IN.out
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hbase/master/HMaster
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMas
ter
Could not find the main class: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.
Program
will exit.

I have included org.apache... folder(containing all the required .class
files) in the classpath and also tried placing it in same directory as
start-hbase and also in bin of my java, but the same error occurs. (I just
have a feeling I am dumbly overlooking something:P) Also, when I check logs,
it shows logs in a folder called hbase in c:\ instead of logs folder in
cygwin\usr\local\hbase\logs..(again dumb i feel :P)

Can anyone please help me out? The cygwin paths too are driving me crazy!
Thanks a lot in advance..

Aadish

[1]http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/cygwin.html