hbase-user mailing list archives

From Zhoushuaifeng <zhoushuaif...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way to increase the compaction queue size?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 08:58:59 GMT
hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles=Integer.MAX_VALUE
It's better not setting this to max_value. Setting this to a limited value will help hbase
to control the insert speed, and have enough time to finish compact. Suggest to setting this
to less than 20.

hbase.hstore.max.filesize = 100G, do you mean hbase.hregion.max.filesize ?
This may be too large, if a store file too large, it will take very long time to compact.
I suggest to set this less than 8G.

And the compaction queue size means how many regions need compaction, not the number of files
to compact. So, you have 10 regions, all need compaction, and the compaction queue is 10.

Zhou Shuaifeng(Frank)

-----Original Message-----
From: Sheng Chen [mailto:chensheng2010@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2011 3:36 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Is there a way to increase the compaction queue size?

Thank you for your reply.

No more minor compaction is going on, while there are still about 100
HStoreFiles in each region.
I think it might because the compactionQueueSize has a maximum of 10 for a
region server (only one per region?), so after I stopped inserting and the
10 compactions in the queue were finished, no more compaction is triggered.

I think that "hbase.hstore.compaction.max" sets the max number of files for
one minor compaction, does it has anything to do with my problem?

Thanks,
Sean