hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramakrish...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: problem when change zookeeper.znode.parent
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:32:26 GMT
Hi,

I found the problem why it is continuously hanging when we use a Table
object.
When we use the Admin object first it tries to check the master.
If the zookeeper.znode.parent is not specified in the client  So it takes
the default zookeeper.znode.parent=/hbase and tries to connect to the
master.  so an exception is thrown

client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: ZooKeeper
available but no active master location found
11/07/25 14:08:44 INFO
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: getMaster attempt
9 of 10 failed; no more retrying.
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.
getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:356)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:90)

But when we use the Table object and if zookeeper.znode.parent the value is
not specified in the client then currently it checks for the root region
location and it appends /hbase as the root node.

May be the first check that we add should be to see if this /hbase is there
if not throw an excpetion.

May be we can raise a Jira for this if Ted or Stack is ok with it.

Regards
Ram

And yes, when I used HBaseAdmin, I got the similar stacktrace as follows.

11/07/25 14:08:44 INFO
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: ZooKeeper
available but no active master location found
11/07/25 14:08:44 INFO
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation: getMaster attempt
9 of 10 failed; no more retrying.
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.
getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:356)
	at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:90)

But when I used HTable, it was hung at the stacktrace pasted before.

Thanks!

2011/7/25 Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramakrishnas@huawei.com>:
> Hi,
> Which version of HBASE are you using?
>
> In HBASE-0.90.x version i get the following stack trace when the client
> tries to connect to the master.
>

> 11/07/25 10:13:16 INFO
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
> ZooKeeper available but no active master location found
> 11/07/25 10:13:16 INFO
client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
> getMaster attempt 6 of 10 failed; retrying after sleep of 4000
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException
>        at

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.
> getMaster(HConnectionManager.java:357)
>        at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HBaseAdmin.<init>(HBaseAdmin.java:94)
>        at com.sample.ExampleClient.main(ExampleClient.java:33)
>
> Are you not getting this?
>
> Regards
> Ram

> ***********
> This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
> which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
> above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
> but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
> dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
> prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by

122

--
Takuya UESHIN