hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Buttler, David" <buttl...@llnl.gov>
Subject RE: Run the namenode and master seperately?
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:14:17 GMT
By default the master starts on the machine that you run start-hbase.sh on

You can control which machine the master starts on by running:
ssh <machine-name> ${HBASE_HOME}/bin/hbase-daemon.sh --config "${HBASE_CONF_DIR}" start
master

You can create a derivative of the start-hbase.sh script to insert the 'ssh <machine-name>'
if you still want to launch from the namenode machine, but want the master to run on another
machine

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: shanmuganathan.r [mailto:shanmuganathan.r@zohocorp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:10 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: RE: Run the namenode and master seperately?

Hi All,

            The hbase.rootdir property is used to specify the HDFS location where we store
the hbase works . is it right?

If we want to run the HMaster in separate machine in the cluster , than where we specify the
master. is there no need to specify the master anywhere in the configuration?

---- On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 15:05:49 +0530 Ramkrishna S Vasudevan &lt;ramakrishnas@huawei.com&gt;
wrote ----

Hi Shanmuganathan,

Use the following property in HBASE-SITE.XML to specify the HDFS path.
Ensure that you have the host name mapping of the namenode and the master
machine.

 &lt;property&gt;
 &lt;name&gt;hbase.rootdir&lt;/name&gt;
 &lt;value&gt;hdfs://linux76:9000/hbase&lt;/value&gt;
 &lt;description&gt;The directory shared by region servers.
 &lt;/description&gt;
 &lt;/property&gt;
 &lt;property&gt;

Hope this information is useful.